Wednesday, February 20, 2013

6:30 pm

Nothing beats that feeling.  The feeling of when your husband climbs into the car at the bus stop around 6:30pm every day.  It's like..coming home.  I feel oxytocin flush into my brain, and relaxation and comfort and trust and haziness all settle over me like a blanket of freshly fallen snow.  He kisses me and we smile and sigh and close our eyes, and no words need to be said; it just feels so good to be reunited.  The day has been so long up until 6:30pm.

When my husband looks in my eyes, I am his and he is my world.  I can't even stay mad at him for anything because I am defenseless against that look he gives me...a mixture of playfulness, of knowing me inside and out, of pure contentment and familiarity and sweetness.  The way he looks at me, I've never seen him look that way at anything or anyone else.  It exclusively belongs to me.  When he is beholding me, I feel that I am all he sees.  He is the most attractive when he's looking at me because his face and eyes are filled with the highest, noblest form of love; romantic love.  Marital love.  So superior to all other loves because it encompasses them all in one; love shared between friends, companions, siblings, parent-child, teacher-student, protector-protectee; each contains common elements found within the bounds of romantic love, but none are quite so powerful and determined, so beautiful and eternal as this one.  And I know the way I look at him is a way I've never looked at anyone else before.

I feel as though I've been married to him for years and years..our connection is so much deeper than an 18-month+ acquaintance should allow.  Surely, there has not been another love as great and as sweet as this one in all the world.

December 20, 2012
Ladies and gentleman, I am Mckenna.  This is Spencer.
I give you...our happily ever after.
This is where our life begins.

4 comments:

  1. Hooray! Now I get to bask in the light of your wonderfulness! Can't wait to read more! -Min

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds like an excerpt from a romance novel.. I love it! So in love. Isn't marriage to your best friend just the best? :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so excited to read your blog Mckenna! It's so sweet :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's also so relaxing to know that you were married in the temple and don't have to worry about things many other couples do; he will follow the law of chastity, the word of wisdom, keep the Sabbath day holy, pay his tithing, and look to God whenever a problem arises. I've been working with people who don't have this blessing, and it has opened my eyes to what we, as latter-day saints really do have, and that we really can have a 'happily ever after'. I love you Mckenna, I'm happy you're so happy!It's cool to see such a loving message posted about your husband.

    ReplyDelete